Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day

What was going to be a rough enough Friday night umpiring an overnight tournament turned into an extremely long night.  Not only did I umpire my 7 straight games, my replacements misread the schedule and didn't show up until 10a.m.  Me being too nice to say no, agreed to do an additional 2 games while I was there.  9 straight games and no sleep since early Friday morning, and I was pretty well spent.  I managed the drive home safely, and was able to get a 2 hour nap in before my girls were up from their naps and ready to go.  Thankfully it was pretty good ball being played and all the guys I umpired with were very good umpires.

Needless to say after all the umpiring, there wasn't a lot of time for a cardio workout this weekend.  I did manage 11 miles with the dogs for the week last week, and will most likely get even more this week since my wife's knee is bothering her.  Got off to a good start today with 2.5 miles on the bike and some really good strength training already today.  Plan to hit the treadmill tomorrow.

On the insurance front, I picked up another auto policy today, and will finalize it tomorrow.  Quotes rolling back in for the commercial account I'm working hard on right now.  A few other prospects in the pipeline, so we will see what we can pull together this week.  District sales meeting on Thursday morning to see what is going on for the upcoming months. 

Girls are both healthy and doing well and sleeping!  Nothing like those smiling faces first thing in the morning to get your day going.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment