Friday, March 9, 2012

March9

It's been a good training week.  I managed to get 3 runs in this week already, 9 miles with the dogs already heading into the weekend, and some good miles on the stationary bike.  Throw in some good core and upper body training, and it had been a productive week and hoping for more this weekend.  Next week I will take it a little easy prepping for the Shamrock Half Marathon on Sunday, March 18.  I'm looking forward to the challenge since I haven't run that distance in 3 years.  I may be more prepared now than I was when I used to run that distance on a monthly basis.  My training was almost nonexistant before, but is much more focused now.  I still don't log the miles to make it a great run, but I'm in as good of shape now as I have been in a really long time. 

On the work front, it was a little more quiet this week than I care for.  I managed a few policies, and have committment from a few others, but things weren't as crazy as they were in the month of February.  I'm hoping next week brings a new perspective.  I have lined up an auto policy, a homeowners policy, and a small commercial policy for next week.  I'm hoping to build on that as the weekend comes to an end. 

The girls are doing great.  My oldest daughter never ceases to amaze me with her development and her intelligence.  She comes up with some awesome one liners and is just delightful.  My youngest daughter is following right in her footsteps except for one aspect, she just doesn't sleep.  Outside of that, I wouldn't trade those two daughter of mine for the world.  Hard to believe they are 30 months and almost 18 months already.  Where did the time go?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment