Monday, March 5, 2012

March5

The Shamrock Half Marathon is less than 2 weeks away.  I won't be setting any personal best, nor will I be as prepared as I've been in the past, but I will be running my first half marathon in 3 years.  I have not run that kind of distance since my daughters were born.  The most of I have done is a 10K since, but I'm looking forward to challenging myself with this distance again.  My runs have been consistant at 2-3 times per week, but no great long runs.  The first hour should be smooth, it is everything after that I'm nervous about.  We will see what happens.  Strength wise, I've done more to prepare the rest of my body with some great core and lower back workouts as well as some upper body workouts.  Throw in some cross training on the stationary bike, and the training hasn't been all bad.  Just not sure how my legs will feel around mile 8 or so.  Hoping to just lose myself in the crowd and let the course carry me in.  Wishing I had more time to train and get some longer runs, but I won't sacrifice the time away from my daughters.  I value the time with them more than the time pounding the pavement.  Will probably try to get 20 minutes on the bike tonight and a quick 2.5 mile run in tomorrow to go along with my 4 miles with the dogs today.  I was trying to count how many half marathons I've done, and get a total of all the other races as well, and maybe rank them as to favorites, but that will be for another day.

Quiet day in the office today, which gave me a chance to catch up on some busy work.  I did quote some home and auto insurance and am working toward a few life insurance quotes.  Finally cleaned up from a couple nice size commercial accounts I wrote last month.  Time to get back out there again and see what March is going to hold.

Youngest daughter was awake at 2 and stayed awake until the better part of 4a.m.  Short night of rest.  Oldest daughter doing great as usual.  Looking forward to another great evening with them and as the weather improves spending more time outdoors with them.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment