Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Day of April

Had a great weekend.  Saturday morning started out with two miles with my dogs, followed by my 5 miler at the YWCA.  I ran a great race, set a personal record for that distance, and generally had a good time.  The course had more hills than I am used to, but I was happy with how I performed climbing and descending.  Saturday afternoon my daughters and I caught a nice nap together after I umpired a game, and then got to play and go to the grocery store.  A great day all the way around.  Sunday morning I got up and cooked breakfast for my family, went to church, and then played outside with the girls.  Took my oldest daughter swimming in the afternoon and just had a great time.  The evening was fairly relaxing since my daughters were on opposite nap schedules for the day it was easy to only have to take care of one at a time.  More playing outside and just enjoying time with them.

Work started off a bit slow this week.  Lots of service work today, and just generally a catchup day.  Got a committment on a personal auto policy, have another personal auto policy lined up and two small commercial policies for the week.  Nothing crazy, but at least the calendar isn't empty for the week. 

Girls are doing great.  They are just loving being outside.  Great to see them as active as they are.  My oldest is really taking to her tricycle, and the youngest enjoys rides in the wagon or in her bicycle seat.  We did get about a 4 mile ride in with both girls on Sunday afternoon and took them to the school playground to run out some energy.  Both girls picked up the bat a little this weekend and hit off a tee.  Exciting for me and I hope that continues!  Indoor basketball has been a big hit lately too.  Looking forward to another great week with them!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment