Monday, April 9, 2012

After Easter

Thursday was a great day for exercise.  I got 5 miles in with the dogs and 10 miles on the road bike with hills and wind, it was a nice challenging ride.  Those were the first significant miles I've logged on my road bike in quite some time.  Most of my biking miles are on a stationary bike or on my hybrid bike with one of my daughters riding behind me.  It was fun to get back out and ride. 

Friday was great because it was just me and my girls all day, and then my wife and I got to enjoy some adult time at Hauser Estate Winery in the evening with some friends.  We don't often get to go out without the girls, and we generally only stay out for a couple hours without them, but it is nice to get adult time once in a while.

Saturday I got up and helped my wife set up for Easter dinner with her family at our house.  Then it was off to umpire 5 games of travel ball.  I generally don't wear shin guards at that level because the catchers block everything and I rarely get hit.  When I say rarely, I meant Saturday was the exception, and I took a foul ball right on the bone on the inside of my knee.  Very uncomfortable to say the least, but it was nice to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Sunday was just a great day.  Church in the morning, Easter dinner at my Mom and Stepfather's  house complete with an Easter egg hunt for the girls, and then dessert in the evening at my Dad and Stepmother's house complete with another Easter egg hunt.  The girls were just spoiled rotten all day and were just loving every second of being with the family.  I look forward to more holiday weekends with the family.

Today was a fairly steady day at work, and I just had to come back in for a 6:15 appointment to finish up a new application.  Now it is back home with all my girls.  Knees both feel much better and I will DEFINITELY be back to running tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment