Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Inspired

Got a great 3 mile run in today over lunch along with some core work and upper body work.  I felt great throughout the entire run and wish I had time for more.  I will get another mile with the dogs tonight and a possible bike ride with my daughter.  Working on fall vacation plans around a half marathon and a 10K.  Five miler this Saturday may be chilly and rainy, but will run it anyway as a good fitness test.

I was fortunate enough last night to go and listen to Tony Dungy speak at Messiah College.  He's very much a class act and very inspiring with his faith and the way he went about his coaching career.  His wife opened for him and her work was just as inspiring as his.  When asked who the best players he ever coached were, I was pleasantly surprised at his answer and the reasons he gave for the answer.  Both were great athletes and great players, but they were his favorites for the work they did off the field in the community that set them apart.  Even after their careers ended, they continue to give back to their community in the Tampa area.

Work has been steady.  Picked up a small commercial policy this afternoon, and possibly two more that I made contact with today on a startup business.  Things are moving right along and picking up a bit of late.  I'm hoping for a busy May heading into the summer months.

Girls are doing great and want to be outside all the time.  They were spoiled when the weather was good, and I'm having trouble letting them outside with the recent cool down we've had here.  It's wonderful to be outside with them and let them be active and run and play.  It's going to be a very fun summer with them.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment