Friday, April 27, 2012

5 mile race tomorrow

Tomorrow will be my first race since the Shamrock Half Marathon in mid March.  I have not been as religious about training for this 5 mile race, but my body feels pretty good.  I ran 3 miles Wednesday and yesterday and felt great.  I jumped on the bike for a couple miles yesterday, and still got some good miles walking and sprinting with my dogs.  I have set a decent goal for myself, but I will just be happy to be out there running.  Most of my training runs are done on the treadmill, so a few of the hills will be a bit of a challenge, but I guess what goes up must come down!

Work was busy in spurts this week.  Lots of quotes hanging out there, and I have a few things lined up for next week, but it was a slow week for closing on some policies.  We will see what next week brings!

Girls are doing great.  My two and a half year old heads for her swingset every night as soon as we pull in the driveway.  I have to push her on the swing for at least 15 minutes, and more or less force her to go in the house to eat dinner.  My one and a half year old follows her big sister right to the playground and climbs right up the ladder and goes down the slide on her own!  She hasn't seemed interested in the swing yet, but I'm sure that will come with time.  I promised my oldest daughter we would go for a swim this weekend, so I'm committed for Sunday afternoon and have been reminded about it every day this week!

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment