Friday, August 31, 2012

End of August

As we finish up August, I find myself in a good place with my training.  Today will mark my 3rd day in a row running.  My distance isn't quite what I would like it to be, but that will come.  My body feels great throughout my runs right now, joints aren't sore the next day, and I have just an overall good feeling right now.  I've planned my runs around a very specific pace and have been able to maintain that very well.  My cross training has been great as well.  I've been hitting the weights a little more, and increased my core workouts as well.  The best part of it all has been my daughters willingness to go for bike rides in the evening lately.  Last night she insisted we ride fast up the hill over and over, which was fantastic for me, giving my legs a great workout.  I'm hopeful to push myself to a great time at my October 7th half marathon.

Work is still busy, and going great.  I had another great appointment earlier today and am looking forward to this holiday weekend.

My girls are just doing fantastic.  They are just so active and want to do everything with us.  They try to help with everything around the house, inside and outside.  Best of all they seem to enjoy walking the dogs with us at night, which gets us all to bed a little earlier, a little more exercise, and just some overall great family time. 

Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment