Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kids First

My September running hasn't started yet.  I've been working on a 20 X 20 play area in the back yard for my kids since Saturday, and I've let that be a priority over running.  I'm still getting miles with my dogs in the morning, and plenty of strength training using rakes, shovels, saws, sledgehammers, carrying bags of mulch, stone, and other materials.  After finishing the project last night, it is back to running today.  I'm planning a 4 mile run and hoping the humidity breaks a bit, but i don't believe it is supposed to until the weekend.  The time for my next half marathon is rapidly approaching, and I need to log some miles.  I'm hopeful for another run tomorrow and a good run on sunday also.

Work has been crazy, mostly service work, but a few new policies and that is always a good thing.

Girls are doing great.  Hard to believe my oldest daughter will be 3 years old on Saturday, and my youngest daughter will turn 2 just 11 days later.  Oh how time flies.  We are going to pick out new bikes for them tonight.  They just don't seem to have any rest unless they are outside with us, and they are both getting too big for a tricycle already.  I still say parenthood is the most rewarding experience in life! 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment