Monday, September 24, 2012

Unintended Break

Last week I took an unintended break from running.  Lots of personal things going on with my family, and I just didn't make a conscious effort to get out and run.  The timing of this was awful considering I have a half marathon in 2 weeks, but my family needs superseded the enjoyment of running.  I'm hoping for a great week of running this week, followed by a shorter than normal "easy" week leading into my half marathon.  I have never run the course, nor do I have any knowledge of it or the surroundings.  I'm just hopeful I can pace myself and have an enjoyable run.  I'm hoping to get 4 good runs in this week, and 2, possibly 3 short runs next week leading up to my event. 

Girls are doing great.  My youngest daughter, who turned 2 last week, appears to be heading into the terrible 2's.  I'm hoping it's just a rough day or two, but I'm not sure.  We were very fortunate with my oldest daughter going through her 2's with little to no problems.  I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.  Even with the difficult days, I still wouldn't trade any second of parenthood.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment