Friday, September 28, 2012

End of September

It's hard to believe it is the end of September already.  Had a good week of training this week.  I managed to get some good time on the bike Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  I got a great 3 mile run in yesterday, and I'm hoping to sneak in a couple miles tonight at some point.  I'm feeling pretty good a little more than a week out from my half marathon.  I'm not going to go out and set a personal record, but I think I will be respectable, or at least I'm hoping to be.  I was hoping for some cooler temperatures and lower humidity, but I'm not sure that is going to happen.  It will just be good to race again.  I haven't run a race since April when I ran a 5 miler coming off a March Half Marathon.  I'm looking forward to this inagural event!  It will be great to take my family on vacation and finish that up with this half marathon!

Girls are doing great.  The shorter days are forcing us inside earlier in the evening, but that is great for family time as well.  I can't tell you how many puzzles I have helped with this week, but it is a lot!  My wife is taking them to Hersheypark tomorrow while I'm umpiring, and I know they are just going to have a blast.  They have been begging me to take them to a carnival lately, and unfortunately carnival season is more or less over here.  They will have a great day at the park tomorrow and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment