Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Birthdays

It's been a busy week of birthdays for me.  My oldest daughter turned 3 on Saturday, my Dad's birthday is today, and my youngest daughter turns 2 next week on the same day as my father-in-law celebrates his birthday.  Busy times and too much dessert lying around!  I got 2 good runs in last week and managed some decent cross training and strength building exercises to go along with that.  This week has been spent hitting the weights so far, with a run planned for tomorrow and Thursday, and then it is back to umpiring some games this weekend.  I think I would rather be running on the weekend, but I will get some exercise with all the plate gear on all weekend.  If my schedule works out right on Friday, perhaps I will just run 3 days in a row this week.

Girls are doing great.  Bought them both bikes for their birthdays and they seem to be enjoying them quite a bit.  The nice weather is great for getting them outside.  It is just great to see them outside and as active as they are.  Last night my 3 year old decided we should race on the sidewalk while shopping.  It was a blast.  There is nothing better than fatherhood.

Have a great evening, and Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment