Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fun times

Yesterday I got a great 6.25 mile run in, a 2 mile ride, 3 miles with my dogs, and some good core work.  I wasn't really sure how I would be feeling after umpiring 10 games over the weekend, but I felt surprisingly good.  Today I cut my run a little short of what I was planning, and only got 3.6 miles in.  On a rainy Tuesday morning, the treadmills were filling up fast at the gym, and I didn't want to hog all the equipment.  I jumped on the bike after my run and grabbed another 3.1 miles on the bike to round out a decent workout.  I finished up with some core work and chalked up my workout as a success.  Sunday is my half marathon, and I would like to get another short run in on Thursday followed by a couple days of rest heading into the event.  I'm very much looking forward to it and have been feeling great!

Girls are doing awesome.  My 3 year old is at the stage where she wants to do everything by herself, at least until she struggles a bit, then it is alright for me to lend a hand.  My 2 year old is just developing fast and furious.  Words and sentences are coming quickly, and we can have a conversation without struggling to communicate.  It's absolutely amazing every day being a dad!

I decided to go and play a round of golf yesterday afternoon before picking up the kids.  I was just going by myself and was planning to fly through 18 holes as quick as possible.  I pulled up to the first tee and there was a young man there waiting to tee off.  He asked if I wanted to join him.  I had no idea who he was, but we made it a pretty fun round together. We talked work, hobbies, growing up on or around a farm, and everything under the sun.  He was new to the game and seemed to be enjoying himself.  At the turn, I asked if he was staying for the back 9, and he said he thought he had just enough time to play, and I commented on the fact that I needed to play quickly in order to go and pick up my girls at daycare.  He told me that was the reason he was out playing today, that he just found out he was going to be a father for the first time.  Congratulations again JR, good luck with becoming a new father, and thanks for letting me play along!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment