Friday, October 19, 2012

Home Town Run

I haven't logged a lot of miles since my half marathon almost 2 weeks ago.  Recovery has been good and I feel good.  I've hit the weights pretty hard the past week and have put an increased focus on strength training.  I have a 10K coming up next weekend, and am still on the fence about a half marathon this Sunday.  I just discovered it and haven't really done anything to get ready for it, but as I said, I feel good and strong and think i could put up a decent showing if I can fit it into my schedule.  I was recounting my half marathons, and I've never run one in my home state.  I've done half marathons in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, but never here at home.  I'm thinking it may be time to break the ice!

My girls have been sick off and on for about 2 weeks now.  If it isn't one, it is the other.  We've been battling ear infections, viruses, sinus infections, you name it, they seem to be able to catch it right now.  I'm hoping this weekend they will turn the corner and be healthy and back to their very active self.  For my own sake, just some sleep would go a long way!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment