Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Middle of October

Training has been a bit slow since my half marathon on October 7th.  Lots of family stuff going on.  I did have a great run last Thursday and a great ride following that.  The weekend wasn't as productive as I'd hoped it would be.  I umpired 4 games over the two days, all behind the plate, so I got some leg workouts in, but no great cardio.  I'm back to hitting the weights a little more regularly, and I'm planning longer runs for tomorrow and Thursday.  I just realized there is a half marathon here in my hometown on Sunday that I knew nothing about.  I'm kicking around the idea of participating, just to go out and beat my last time since I'm feeling a little disgusted with it.  Yesterday was a good strength training day, and I'm hoping to build on that a bit tonight. 

Girls have both been sick.  Youngest daughter is recovering from the ear infection that caused a seizure, and my oldest daughter is battling a virus that caused high fevers and vomiting.  The joys of parenthood, but I wouldn't trade a second of that!  I feel like all I have done is take care of sick people for the last month.  Just hoping none of it catches up with me! 

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment