Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10K Prep

Saturday I will be running a 10K and I'm hoping the storm coming up the east coast doesn't have any impact on the weather.  Last year I ran this race and we had 35mph winds and a thunderstorm shortly after I finished.  I'm hoping the weather holds out for the race, but we will see what happens.  My training has been interesting for this one.  I really haven't logged a lot of running miles since my half marathon on October 7th.  What I have been doing is hitting the weights and a lot of strength training. Lots of core work, and a fair amount of upper body work.  I've found that my shoulders have been hurting during half marathons and sometimes during my long runs, and I'm hoping some strength training can take care of that.  I'm not overly concerned about the run itself.  My body feels good.  I know I need to get a short tune up run in tonight and maybe Thursday morning, but nothing crazy.  I'm a little more concerned about the weather for the race than my preparation.

Girls have been just battling colds and things for what feels like months now.  My wife had some issues in mid September, then on the way back from vacation it was an ear infection that created lots of problems for my youngest daughter, and for the past week and a half, my oldest daughter has been battling a sinus infection that has been causing her to vomit multiple times daily, along with some harsh antibiotics that are having a negative impact on her appetite.  Needless to say I haven't had a lot of sleep over the past month or so, but I'm pretty sure that is overrated!

Have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy being a lurker on your blog. Good luck at the 10k!

    ReplyDelete