Friday, August 3, 2012

August Running

My August running started off well.  Yesterday I got a great 3 mile run in with negative splits.  I felt a little rough the first mile, but really settled in for the final 2 miles.  I felt like I could have gone much farther yesterday, but due to time constraints, settled for 3 miles.  I also jumped on the bike for 3 quick miles, and grabbed 2 miles with my dogs yesterday.  A pretty good start to August for me, and I'm planning another run today and a run on Sunday.  I need to start really getting ready for my fall racing schedule.

Work was fairly busy this week.  4 new policies, with a few verbal commitments to more next week, and a nice commercial account hanging in the balance.  We will see what comes about with that one.  Lots of quoting again, so that should mean good things to come in the next couple weeks. 

Girls are doing pretty good.  Finally got my oldest daughter on some antibiotics and she made a very quick recovery and seems to be back to her old self now.  Wednesday night we had a nice dinner at home, went to the park to feed the ducks, and stopped at the Bendersville carnival for a bit.  Sounds like we will be headed back to the carnival tonight, weather permitting.  I'm loving being home more now that umpiring is winding down.  All my bumps and bruises from getting hit with the ball all summer are finally starting to heal!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment