Thursday, August 30, 2012

Late August

After a slow July of training, August has been a good running month for me.  I've averaged at least 2 runs a week, and I'm starting to be able to work a 3rd run into most weeks now.  I'm still able to get on the bike with my daughters in the evening here and there for a bit of cross training as well.  I need to start extending my runs on certain days a bit, but that will come.  October will be here before I know it, and I'll be standing at the start line of a half marathon.  I'm very excited since it is an inaugural event in a town I've never stayed in before.  Should be a fun day.  My wife will be running a 5K that day as well, and my kids will be there with the grandparents as spectators!  It's going to be a great day.  Strength training has been going well, working my core and upper body has helped my running, and I believe it has made me a stronger runner.

Work is still busy and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I hope this continues. 

Girls are doing great.  Birthdays coming up, they will both be moving to a new classroom at daycare, and my oldest daughter will be starting swim lessons next month.  I just don't think there can be a more rewarding experience in life than being a parent.  That big smile first thing in the morning to start your day, a big hug when you pick them up, and just the energy and joy of being around them.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment