Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August running

My running was a bit down last week.  I did manage to get three bike rides in last week, two of them being with my daughter adding resistance in the seat behind me!  My run last Thursday was a good one, and I felt great through the whole thing, but i was hoping for a few more running miles over the weekend that just didn't happen.  My miles with the dogs were up a bit, but that just doesn't replace a good 4 mile run.  The time on the bike is great for cross training and building some strength.  I did get some good core work in last week, and that has carried over well into this week, and I've been able to add some additional strength training lately.  I have a 5K coming up in two and a half weeks, and I'm looking forward to that.  It's a very flat course, and won't be much of a test, but I'm going to try to push myself for a great time.  Half marathon is about 6 weeks away and I need to start pushing the distance out a bit in the near future to get ready.

Work has been crazy the past couple weeks.  I can't seem to get caught up, but I'm not complaining.  Better to be busy than prospecting.

Girls are doing great.  My youngest daughter, almost 2, has made great strides in potty training the past 3 days.  No accidents, and is great about letting us know when she needs to go, maybe even too good as I think she just likes to sit on the potty.  Both girls have really taken to walking the dogs with me at night, and that is great for all of us.  Exercise for everyone, and I don't have to worry about doing that again after they go to bed!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment