Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goodbye 2012

2012 will be a pretty easy year to put behind me.  The year started with both my daughters having pneumonia giving me some scary moments as a parent, and the fall rolled around with a whole new set of challenges for my wife who had a serious health scare.  All seems to be better now, and we will get a final "all clear" tomorrow from my wife's doctor.  She underwent 2 surgeries in 5 days and a month or so later had a treatment that kept her away from me and our daughters for a week.  I'm hoping all this is behind us and we look forward to a happy and healthy 2013.

As for my training in 2012, I have some preliminary numbers.  It was a bit of a down year due to many of the things mentioned above, but a decent year nonetheless.  I ran 230 miles, got an additional 494 miles with my dogs, and cycled 244 miles in 2012.  I'm not going to go back through and list all the exercise reps, but it was a decent year for me.  My goals for 2013: I will keep them simple.  I want to run at least 500 miles, get another 500 miles with my dogs(even though they are both beginning to age a bit) and see if I can't get my cycling up to 500 miles for the year.  Kind of lofty goals I know, but we will see what happens.  These numbers will be tough once I get into umpiring season, but I'm hoping to back that down a bit this year as well. 

In 2012 I ran two half marathons, one 10K, one 5 miler. and one 5K.  I was very happy with my performance in most of my races, but I definitely left some room for improvement.  I haven't decided if this year is the year for a marathon, but I have my eyes on a November race if I happen to feel up to it.  I'm planning to do all the same races again in 2013 as well as adding a couple new half marathons.

Hoping for a great 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment