Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas

Is there a more exciting time at home than Christmas morning with a 3 & 2 year old in the house?  Not in the Miller house anyway.  Girls had a blast throughout Christmas visiting with family and having Santa stop and deliver presents.  Things just get more and more exciting with them more able to understand the spirit of Christmas and all the fun things that go with it.  Watching their faces light up as they open presents is just icing on the cake.  I had a 4 day weekend with them, and that just made things even more special.  I can't wait for the upcoming 4 day weekend to finish assembling all the toys and getting the house put back in order.

My running came to a screeching halt for a week as I was finally able to get my basement put back in order from hurricane Sandy.  We had new flooring put down, repaired the damaged walls, and added an electric fireplace to make it more usable year round.  In addition to that, I can eat at my dining room table again!  I was able to get out and run yesterday for the first time in a week and am looking forward to a run sometime this weekend.  Monday I'm hoping for a long run to finish up the year strong.  My weightlifting has dropped off a bit due to remodeling my basement, but should pick up nicely over the coming weeks.

Have a safe and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment