Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Focus

Friday I was going to blog about ............................but it didn't seem important after what happened in Connecticut

Saturday I was going to blog about.........................but I still couldn't focus on anything but my kids

Sunday I was going to blog about...........................but my focus just wasn't there.

Monday I was going to blog about..........................but it didn't seem to be the appropriate time

Tuesday I started this blog about............................but it still just didn't feel right.

So today I'm going to force myself to finish a short post I started yesterday.  I couldn't wait to pick my kids up from daycare on Friday.  It was difficult to focus on work all afternoon, but I managed to get through it.  I couldn't think of anything but the poor innocent children with their whole lives in front of them, the heroic teachers who saved lives with their quick actions, and the poor parents searching for their children.  As a father, that has to be my biggest fear, something happening to my daughters.  I would do anything for them.  So just like every other good parent in the country, Friday night I held my kids a little closer, hugged them a little tighter, and counted my blessings that they are with me.  Friday night we went for a horse and carriage ride and enjoyed some ice cream afterward.  Saturday we took the girls to their first ever Hershey Bears game, and Sunday was just a great family day.  Monday started another week, and quickly things seemed to return to normal for us.  I like to think I count my blessings for having two beautiful, healthy daughters every day, and I enjoy every minute I get with them.  They are definitely everything to me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was going to blog about the great week of workouts I had last week, running, cycling, lifting, but it just didn't seem appropriate.  Enjoy the time with your family and friends.  That is what is really important!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment