Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Weights

December has been a pretty good month so far.  Last week I was able to hit the weights a few days, get good time on the bike one morning, go for a great run on Thursday, and swim with my kids on Sunday.  Monday I was able to get a great run at a great pace over lunch.  I felt great and really pushed myself.  I was extremely pleased with my time.  I followed that up with some core work to finish out a good workout and then capped off the day with a mile with my dogs.  Tuesday was an early morning on the bike in the basement followed up with some upper body work on the weights.  Today was a mix of core work and some quad/calf work.  Trying to make a concerted effort to get stronger and faster this winter!

Girls are doing great.  They are both so much Daddy's little girls right now.  I have to do everything for them.  I know it frustrates my wife right now that they ask for me every time they need something, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it because I know at some point the role will be reversed.  There is nothing like that big smile and a hug from each daughter to start the day!

Not that the day is over, but today is the first day in quite a while I've avoided the sweet snacks and unhealthy stuff.  Trying to get better with my diet, but this time between the holidays is difficult.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment