Thursday, January 17, 2013

Kiddos and training

Last week was another good week of running, strength training, and miles with my dogs.  This week has been a whole different story.  My oldest daughter started running a fever on Monday, I spent the morning with her on Tuesday and took her to the doctor.  Strep throat, better than the flu I guess, and it was on to the pharmacy for some antibiotics.  She is doing much better today, but it really threw off my whole week.  I still wouldn't trade one second of it for any other way, but it can be exhausting at times.  Neither daughter has slept well in about a week, up and down in the middle of the night, not wanting to go to sleep until late, etc.  It's been a bit rough and the lack of sleep has been getting to my wife and I a bit.  Patience has been running a bit thin, but hopefully things will get back to normal soon enough.  With all that being said, it's back to the pavement today for 3.5 or 4 miles depending on how I feel.  Following that I will hit the weights a bit, and maybe jump on the bike.  I'm hoping for more of the same tomorrow, possibly a shorter run at a faster pace, we will see.  Just found out I have a funeral to help provide military honors for on Saturday, so that may impact my decision for a run on Saturday or Sunday this week.  Half marathon is 8 weeks away.  Time to start getting some longer runs in.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment