Thursday, January 10, 2013

On Track

My training in 2013 seems to be going well so far.  I'm heading to the gym this afternoon, and after logging some good miles today, I will be well ahead of where I was the same time a year ago.  Yesterday was a good run at a good pace and I was able to get some core work in as well.  My strength training is down a bit, but through 10 days, mile running miles will have increased drastically.  I need to start squeezing in one more short run on the weekends to really feel like I'm accomplishing what i want to, but for right now I'm getting enough miles to feel good and stay in shape.  I still haven't been on my stationary bike at home yet in the new year, but that will come along very shortly once my basement is reorganized.  My first scheduled race is just over 2 months away, a half marathon.  Last year I never ran a training run over 6.5 miles and did fine in both my half marathon runs, but I plan to train a little better this year and see if I can post a nice PR at one of the half marathons I intend to run this year.  I don't know if this will be the year for a full marathon, but I have my eye on one later in the year and if things work out, great, and if not, I still intend to get one done before I turn 40. 

Girls are doing great.  The forecast for this weekend is for very mild temperatures, so I intend to get them out on their bikes, take them to the playground, and a basketball game.  I'm sure my oldest daughter will tag along on a nice walk with the dogs at some point as well.  Last weekend we went to the Farm Show in Harrisburg.  They just love seeing all the animals, climbing on the tractors, and had a milkshake and some lunch.  It was a great family day.  We are now finished with all our Christmas obligations, and I guess it is on to organizing the toys that have taken over our house.  Should be a fun time!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment