Thursday, January 31, 2013

January running

I won't post a total for the month of January, but I'm 7 miles ahead of last year at this time, and I have a good run planned for later today.  Hoping that will put me well ahead of where I was at this time last year.  I was peeking ahead at my February running from last year.  I had a pretty decent February last year, but I'm hoping to beat that as well.  My goal is to knock off some time from last year's March half marathon.  I'm hopeful I can do that.  After getting on the bike for a good ride Tuesday night, and a short run at a great pace yesterday, I'm going to try and grind out a longer run today.  I will see how my back is doing before I decide how far to push it today.  It was a bit tight yesterday, but I'm hoping for a little less discomfort today.  I've backed off my core work since injuring my back, but I'm hoping to ease back into that shortly.  My half marathon will be here before I know it, and I'm hoping for an improvement in the weather to get a few more outdoor runs before it gets here.

Girls are doing great.  Today is swim day at daycare for my oldest daughter.  It's never a problem to get her to daycare on Thursdays.  She absolutely loves the pool.  I guess it's probably time to get her some structured lessons.  Planning to take them to a basketball game on Saturday, only problem with going is the rock climbing wall just outside the gym is a huge distraction for them.  We generally spend more time there than watching the game, but at least they are getting something active.  I'm ready for the weather to change and things to dry off for a bit and get back to them hitting the ball off the tee or riding bikes.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment