Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cold, Cold, Cold

The weather has definitely made an impact on outdoor activities the past few days.  I've been out with my dogs for a mile a couple times a day, but I've been bundled up like you wouldn't believe.  They don't seem to mind it, in fact, I think the colder it gets the more they enjoy it.  Other than getting them out for walks the past 3 days, I really haven't had any outdoor activity.  I have hit the weights pretty hard the past few days, and I'm getting ready for a 4 mile run shortly, even though it will just be a treadmill run, it's a much needed run.  I've felt great after hitting the weights, and I've been pretty regular about staying with it in the new year.  I definitely feel stronger, and I hope to keep strength training in my routine a bit more this year.  My first race of the year, a half marathon, is just over 7 weeks away.  I'm feeling pretty good about it, but realize I need to start extending my miles a bit.  I haven't been quite as good at getting on the stationary bike in the evening as I told myself I would be.  Something to focus on I guess.

Girls are doing great.  I can't wait for the weather to break so I can feel comfortable about getting them outside to do things again.  I know I have a couple months of winter left to endure, but look forward to them being outside soon enough.  Until then, I'm going to try to get them to the gym and pool a little more at the YWCA.  They enjoy just running around and especially enjoy the pool.  In another year I will have to start thinking tee ball, and maybe some swimming!

Have a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment