Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome 2013

I've welcomed 2013 with back to back runs.  That doesn't happen often for me, but the opportunity was there and I've committed to running more in 2013.  No long runs, but good pace for both.  Yesterday was a bit of a struggle, but today I felt good and really had a great run in a short amount of time.  I took the time to get a great workout in yesterday, spending more time at the gym than I normally would and adding some upper body work to my routine.  I always squeeze in core work and some time on the bike, but want to really make strength training a focus for this year as well.  Today was a quick run and some core work, but I'm hopeful that I can add some light weights tonight.  My miles with the dogs are right on track to where I would like them to be as well, and I hope that trend continues. 

Girls are doing great.  Both are healthy to this point through the colder temperatures, and I hope that continues as well.  They aren't sleeping great, but I think that is due to reduced time outdoors.  Could be a long winter if I'm correct about that.  We've added some board games to our evening family time and they seem to be enjoying that.  Just spending time with them is great for me!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment