Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Heat Wave

The heat has definitely had an impact on my training.  Last Thursday I was able to get a 3.1 mile run and 2.75 mile ride in and added some strength training to go with that.  Following that, it was a couple miles a day with the dogs early in the morning, but that was about it for the weekend.  I umpired 7 straight games on Saturday in temperatures above 100 degrees, and 5 straight games Sunday in similar weather.  It was a pretty brutal weekend.  Monday I was able to get 3 miles with my dogs, and last night I went for a 5 mile bike ride with my favorite 33 pound passenger adding resistance, especially up the hills!  I wanted to get a run in today, but my schedule just kept building and building as the day went along, so that didn't happen.  Perhaps another bike ride tonight, or at least some good strength training.  Definitely a good run tomorrow and a bike ride as well.

Work is still busy.  Every time it looks like things are going to slow down, I pick up 4 or 5 new policies.  This week has been no different.  I wrote 2 personal auto policies, a commercial auto policy, a professional liability policy, and a homeowner's policy.  Who knows what the next 2 days will hold, but there are plenty of quotes still hanging out there!

Girls are doing great.  Last night we were playing in the driveway, and they were spring me with their new water toys and having a blast.  They seemed to enjoy the bike ride as much as I did.  Time to start planning a September birthday party as they will be turning 3 and 2.  There is just nothing like that big smile first thing in the morning to get your day going.  No more rewarding experience in life than parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment