Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

Managed to get a few challenging miles on the bike Monday night with my favorite 33 pound passenger adding to the resistance.  Strength training is continuing to go well.  Yesterday was a wasted day for nutrition.  Breakfast was great, all fresh fruit.  From there things headed downhill quickly including a fast food stop for lunch.  I rebounded well at dinner with a great steak on the grill, some potatoes, and local fresh sweet corn.  Had I stopped there, I would have been fine, but decided to take the plunge and go for ice cream with my girls.  All in all, not a bad day, but moments of weakness that I'm sure I will be feeling on my 4 mile treadmill run today.  The heat has been absolutely brutal lately!

Work is still steady as it goes.  Not as busy as the past 2 months have been, but steady enough this week for a holiday week.  It's been nice to get my desk cleaned up and caught up on a few things I've been pushing to the side for a couple months.

The girls are doing great.  I had such a great week with them last week, and it has really carried over into this week, and especially being off all day with them yesterday.  We did some shopping, took them to the park to swing, slide, and watch the ducks.  They helped me husk sweet corn last night, played some tee ball, watched a movie, and just had a great time spending the day together.  I have a long stretch of umpiring coming up over the next week or so, and then I'll be more or less done for the summer.  I can't wait to get all my evenings and weekends back to spend with them. 

Have a great evening and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment