Friday, November 30, 2012

Goodbye November

All things considered, November is going to be an easy month to say goodbye to.  Sure, I got to run a turkey trot and posted a pretty respectable 5K time, but beyond that, there wasn't a lot to celebrate from a fitness perspective.  I managed 40 miles with my dogs, a little less than 20 miles running, just under 10 miles on the bike, and my strength training really fell off a cliff.  Certainly nothing to brag about, but there are a lot of factors thrown into that.  It could have been worse.  I'm coming out of the month feeling good and rested, not injured, and only a pound or two heavier after the holiday!  No races scheduled for December, but I'm going to meet with a trainer to discuss a winter workout program to get a little stronger and faster.

This disastrous month started with the cleanup of a flooded basement leftover from hurricane Sandy.  This is still an ongoing process as I'm trying to get flooring down and my walls repaired.  Following that, I hit a deer on my way home from work in the first full week of November.  Not a ton of damage, but an inconvenience nonetheless.  The following week my wife was quarantined due to radioactive iodine treatment, meaning she couldn't be at home for fear of exposing our children to higher levels of radioactivity.  The following week was Thanksgiving, which is generally more of a stressful time than a joyous one for us since we attempt to satisfy 3 families by spending time with each of them.  We were able to accomplish that again, but it can be exhausting for us.  This past week was reasonable uneventful, but I'm still just comfortable saying farewell Novemer, see you next year!

Girls are happily doing great.  We went for dinner last night and their behavior at the restaurant was outstanding.  They've been sleeping better and other than first thing in the morning, have been an absolute joy.  Nothing more rewarding than parenthood.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment