Friday, November 16, 2012

Back Home!

Yesterday I was able to get my 3rd run of the week in.  Only 2.35 miles, but at a good pace and I felt great through the run.  I jumped on the bike for 3.5 miles after that, and followed that up with some great core work.  Added a nice 2 miles with the dogs yesterday to finish up a great day working out.  My body feels great, very few aches and pains and that is a wonderful feeling.  I'm definitely going to do a turkey trot, but I'm just trying to nail down the venue.  Not going to go back to York, even though I enjoy the race and the turnout there.  I'm deciding between Shippensburg and New Oxford.  I guess I have a couple days to make up my mind.  I'm looking forward to putting up a good time somewhere.  My plan is to run again Saturday, but I haven't decided how many miles would be good.  I will just wait and see how I feel.

Girls have been absolutely wonderful for me.  My wife returns home tonight after being stuck away from us for a week due to some treatment she received, making it impossible to be around the kids.  She is recovering wonderfully and the girls and I look forward to her returning home with a clean bill of health.  I have a new appreciation for what a single parent goes through after doing it myself for a week.  That being said, I had a great amount of support from my Mom who came over every day so i could get my dogs out in the morning and evening, as well as the vegetable soup she brought me, my Dad and Stepmom who graciously opened their home so my wife could stay there for a week while she was unable to be around the kids and provided me with Lasagna!, and my Mother and Father in law who helped me with the girls over the weekend and helped with the dogs in the middle of the week, as well as them checking on my wife throughout the week.  It was great to have so much support for the week.  To all of them I say THANK YOU!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment