Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Busy Days

I was able to get back to back days of running in earlier this week for the first time in quite a while.  Sunday afternoon I ran 3.1 miles and felt great after almost a 2 week break.  My legs felt very strong and refreshed after that long of a break.  Monday I was able to run again.  I wasn't quite as fresh, but still felt good and ran 2.5 miles, rode. almost 3 miles, and got my dogs out for 4 miles.  No long races planned until March, but I will most likely pick up a 5K or two just to give me something to aim toward in the near future.  Holiday eating season is fast approaching, so it will be important to keep logging miles and staying in shape!

Girls are doing great but they miss the Mom.  It's been a long 5 days being a single father, but it is almost over and my wife will be able to return home Friday.  The girls and I are very much looking forward to that.  They have been wonderful for me.  We read stories and play, they want to help do everything I'm doing, and everything is a race and each one has to be first.  It's very cute and I think I say it in every post, but there is nothing more rewarding than parenthood. 

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment