Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pressing forward

Had a very busy weekend, most of it spent on the ball field.  I did manage to get 4 miles with the dogs over the weekend, and Sunday after i finished a long weekend of umpiring, my daughters asked to go for a walk and a bike ride.  Of course I wasn't going to say no!  The rain came yesterday and eliminated any chance of having to umpire, so I got a nice quiet night at home with the girls.  I was feeling pretty tired coming out of the weekend, so I was glad to catch a break.  My game for tonight was cancelled as well, so I went and got a run in on tired legs over lunch.  My pace was surprisingly good, and once I put the first half mile or so behind me, I felt really good.  I did some strength training while I was there.  A pretty good few days of working out and getting some good exercise.

Work has still been pretty busy.  I picked up a small commercial policy today, finalized some life insurance for a client, and have a couple prospects for later in the week.  Things are moving right along and seem to be picking up nicely. 

The girls are doing great.  They played so well together last night.  For those of you that follow my facebook page, you saw all the pictures from the park and ball field on Friday night.  The girls had a blast on the playground and even more fun throwing the ball and playing in the dirt at the ball field.  It's always amazing to watch their development, and now they are asking to come to the ball field and watch me umpire (I really think it's because there are playgrounds nearby).

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment