Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

I had a great Father's Day yesterday.  I started the day with a quick 2 miles with my labs.  Next up, made breakfast for my family.  My wife and I did a little work around the house and then we took our daughters out shopping.  We stopped at the YWCA and upgraded my rec pass from an individual to a family rec pass so that we can all get some enjoyment out of it.  Next it was off to a picnic lunch on the battlefield.  We had one more shopping stop to make, and then home.  Both daughters took about a 3 hour nap, and I can admit I slept for a little over an hour while they were napping.  I got up and mowed my yard, and then it was off to get ready for dinner.  We had a great dinner at Appalachian Brewing Company with family, and then off to the battlefield again to let the girls climb around the rocks and play amongst the monuments.  To finish up the night, we stopped at Mr. G's for some ice cream.  It really couldn't have been a better day with my girls than what it was.  I spent the entire day with them, and they were just angels all day.  A lot of you know how much time I generally spend on the ball field this time of year, so when I was given the day off, I made the most of the time I had with my girls!

Work started out busy already this week, and that is always a good thing.  Started off with a small commercial policy, quoted 3 more small commercial policies, and got confirmation on a home owner's policy and an auto policy.  Things are still going great, and it is always nice to be busy.

Girls are doing great, and were excited to go to daycare today.  They had such a busy weekend, and were so well behaved through the whole thing.  I've said it a million times, but it's always amazing to watch their development day in and day out.  No greater reward than being a father to those two little girls!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment