Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday

It's fat Tuesday and I'm celebrating accordingly with some donuts, homemade greasy ones yet at that.  On to the good news, I ran each of the last two days and felt really good.  I ran 4 miles Sunday night and felt great, and I got a quick 2.5 miles in last night in the fog.  Training has been going well.  I really need to work on getting a longer run in at some point during the week, but I've struggled to go beyond 4.5 miles in quite a while.  Perhaps this will be the week, but with the looks of the forecast for Thursday, it may not be likely.  We are under 5 weeks until my first half marathon of 2013, and I'm hoping to make it a great one.  I always love the Shamrock race, and I'm looking forward to it again this year.  Strength training is still going well, and my back is feeling much better.  Along with the running and weights, I'm trying to get a few more miles on the bike as well.  My last two runs were both outdoors, and I have to say I've really enjoyed them after spending a lot of time on the treadmill this winter.  I'm looking forward to more outdoor miles as spring gets closer and closer.

Girls are doing great.  My wife has a support group meeting tonight so I get them all to myself.  Nothing like some great Daddy/Daughters time.  It's just amazing to watch them grow and develop.  I think we are going to sign them up for the kids fun run at the Frederick Running Festival in May.  Short run for them, but I think they will enjoy it.  We are also thinking of some swimming lessons since they love the pool so much.  Sports for them will be right around the corner I guess. 

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment